Re: [linux-audio-dev] BeOS everywhere

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] BeOS everywhere
From: David Olofson (audiality_AT_swipnet.se)
Date: ke tammi  26 2000 - 21:25:47 EST

On Tue, 25 Jan 2000, Fredrik wrote:
> I had great hopes for BeOS once, as i was hoping to use it instead
> of Windows for my commercial audio software. Only one of those
> (Logic) is being ported to BeOS now. Some ports of pro audio
> software (e.g. Steinberg Nuendo), have been canceled or put on hold
> because of Be Inc's new "internet strategy". It seems that without
> the focus on media applications from Be Inc, BeOS won't make it in
> the Pro Audio arena.

Well, that's pretty much *exactly* the reason why I decided to go the
Linux and true the Free/Open Source way.

I didn't really expect it to happen this way, though... Does this
mean the end of just about the only serious alternative we had?

(We'd better work harder then; we're the only hope! ;-)

//David

| A Free/Open Multimedia | | Rock Solid, Hard Real Time, |
| Plugin & Integration Standard | | Low Latency Signal Processing |
`------> www.linuxdj.com/mucos -' `--> www.angelfire.com/or/audiality -'
| Audio Hacker, Linux Advocate, Open Source Advocate, Singer/Composer |