Re: [linux-audio-dev] MIDI sample dump?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] MIDI sample dump?
From: reactor/CTPmedia (reactor_AT_sagv5.gyakg.u-szeged.hu)
Date: to tammi  27 2000 - 06:13:28 EST

>% Does anyone know of any linux utility for sending / receiving
>% soundfiles to a sampler via MIDI?

it shouldn't be too hard to write one, after reading the
docs.

>% I ask because a drummer friend just bought a ddrum kit & "brain".
>% It's a very cool device. The brain is not a sampler per se, but you
>% can load samples into it via midi -- IF you have software that can
>% do a midi sample dump. I gather this is a pretty standard feature on
>% samplers and many commercial wave editors.

i'd just love to have a hardware sampler or sample-player...
lucky you, you can make some really interesting algorithmic
techno stuff :)

ps: do you think anyone will buy the Csound catalog?
does it worth $20? i downloaded the example and it
was really really weak stuff...

byez

reactor/CTPmedia
csound lifestyle