Re: [linux-audio-dev] Audio engine stuff

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Audio engine stuff
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: to helmi  17 2000 - 12:35:31 EST

>From: Benno Senoner <sbenno_AT_gardena.net>
>
>> What is a lock-free ringbuffer?
>
>lock-free : you read and maniplulate the buffer pointers

My shmrec works like this and uses SIGSTOP and SIGCONT.
If disk thread applies SIGSTOP to itself, A/D process sends SIGCONT
to it when there is enough data.

Can this be done more better than with kill() and those above signals?

I'm using signals because I don't want to spend semaphores or such IPC
resources. For example, bplay/brec spends about all semaphores to
quard multiple buffers which forms the whole buffer system.

Juhana