[linux-audio-dev] Re: [alsa-devel] Re: ens1371 full duplex problems with test/latency.c

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [alsa-devel] Re: ens1371 full duplex problems with test/latency.c
From: maarten de boer (maarten.deboer_AT_iua.upf.es)
Date: ti helmi  29 2000 - 16:41:55 EST

Hi,

I am crossposting this to LAD, because some low latency people
reside there.

Resume: I suddenly experience larger latency with my ens1371
It seems that is it not alsa, because other people with the
same card don't have this problem. I did update my system
from RedHat 6.0 to RedHat 6.1, but with my previous kernel
(2.2.14)

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, baugher_AT_enteract.com wrote:
> I'm using the same driver(ens1371) and just tried latency.c. You didn't
> say whether you were running it as root. As root I get latency of 128. As

I *am* running as root. This is really very frustrating. I used to have 128
latency as well, now i need to set it to 1024!

> a regular user latency varies from 896 to 2048, because it doesn't get a
> higher scheduler priority. Also I have noticed results vary when running
> in an xterm or at in console mode.

As regular user my results are even worse.

> > - in block mode:
> > Sync go error: Invalid argument
> I get the same error with version 0.5.4a, but Jaroslav says this is fixed
> in the current CVS

Yes it is.

Maarten