[linux-audio-dev] TimeSys Linux/RT(TM), a Real-time Version of Linux .. opinions ?

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] TimeSys Linux/RT(TM), a Real-time Version of Linux .. opinions ?
From: Benno Senoner (sbenno_AT_gardena.net)
Date: ti helmi  29 2000 - 16:25:40 EST

Hi, I've just read a PR about this realtime extension for Linux on LinuxToday:
seems interesting ...

http://www.newsalert.com/bin/story?StoryId=ColTsubWbtKvuvtaZmq&FQ=Linux&Nav=na-search-&StoryTitle=Linux

any opinions ?
Seems that in the case of an RT process crashing, it will not bring down the
whole box.

Anyway: I think for our multimedia audio/video stuff the lowlatency exensions
are the way to go since it will (hopefully) be a standard feature of Linux 2.4.

Benno.