[linux-audio-dev] need help with SLab

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] need help with SLab
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: ti marras 16 1999 - 10:13:02 EST

Greetings:

  I'm profiling SLab for my book, but I've run into a problem unique to
this program. I can record fine with my SB PCI128, but on playback an
annoying ticking can be heard throughout the recording. It's actually
ticking at a rate that "accompanies" the signal, either in triplets or
16ths. I've contacted the author, he's pretty sure it's an internal
problem, but I wondered if anyone else here has tried SLab and
encountered this problem. Or, have any of you developers encountered
such a problem in your own work, and if so, what did you do about it ?
TIA !

  My system:
        P166 w. 128 megs RAM
        kernel 2.0.36 (RH 5.2 recompiled)