Re: [linux-audio-dev] O_NONBLOCK in OSS

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] O_NONBLOCK in OSS
From: Billy Biggs (vektor_AT_DIV8.NET)
Date: ti marras 16 1999 - 10:02:28 EST

On Tue, 16 Nov 1999, Steve Ratcliffe wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 16, 1999 at 12:34:43AM -0500, Billy Biggs wrote:
> > flag to the call to open. The only hack I can think of would be to try to
> > open it NONBLOCK, and if that works, re-open it without the flag. Ugly
> > ugly ugly.
>
> You should be able to open it NONBLOCK and then use fcntl() to
> remove that flag.

  Yep, pbd suggested this first, and I'm pretty much a moron for not
thinking of it that way.

  The app is working well now. It's pretty silly though. I just posted
it on freshmeat - KRad, a tone dialer for KDE2.

--
Billy Biggs                         vektor_AT_div8.net
http://www.div8.net/billy       wbiggs_AT_uwaterloo.ca