[linux-audio-dev] FS "corruption" with 2.2.13 + lowlat-2.2.13-A1.txt + latency-profiling-2.2.13-r7

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] FS "corruption" with 2.2.13 + lowlat-2.2.13-A1.txt + latency-profiling-2.2.13-r7
From: Roger Larsson (roger.larsson_AT_norran.net)
Date: to marras 18 1999 - 16:21:51 EST

Hi all (and especially Ingo),

I recenty compiled 2.2.13 with Ingos 'lowlat' and mine
'latency-profiling'.

Since then I have had several freezes...

This is a little strange since both 'lowlat' and 'latency-profiling'
works
well under 2.2.10.

Let me describe the last situation (not a complete freeze but scary!)

* Running Netscape
* Netscape stops updating its windows
* ps auxc shows no sign of Netscape (I can't kill it)
* X crashes...
* Impossible to restart X, shared libraries missing
* Investigating... at one points tries a 'man mem' it fails due to a
  shared library missing (now it is really scary)
* Reboots on a 2.2.5 boot disk - no FS corruption detected.
* Everything back to normal...

Could this be a case of memory full - lets kill some apps?

/RogerL