Re: [linux-audio-dev] News about sequencers (not my own though!)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] News about sequencers (not my own though!)
From: Paul Winkler (slinkp23_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: ke tammi  26 2000 - 01:50:23 EST

Paul Barton-Davis wrote:
> >something there's no opcode for, you probably have to set kr=ar too.
> ^^
> ??
>
> sr ?

Of course he meant sr.
It's not Eli's fault that csound uses weird names for things.
Variables that start with "i" are updated at i-time;
variables that start with "k" are updated with a frequency of kr;
therefore variables that start with "a" are updated with a frequency
of ...
sr of course!
This is not exactly consistent.

(snip)
> I am open to any suggestions. Using a new language is mostly a case of
> writing a bison/flex parser/lexer for it, and plugging it in. The
> framework for this is not all there, but I have designed what is there
> with the necessary extensions in mind. If anyone has good ideas for
> either a replacement for the Csound orc language, or the Csound sco
> language (i am predisposed to NeXT's Scorefile for the latter).

OK, I'm intrigued. I've just gone searching for info on Scorefile
(or ScoreFile) and all I can find out is it's part of MusicKit. Does
anyone have any sample ScoreFile files handy? Preferably with
comments?
While I ponder pysco, it's good to see examples of musical score
languages, particularly ones people actually *like*. :)

--PW

slinkP arts: music, sound, illustration, design, etc.
A member of ARMS -----> http://www.reacharms.com
or http://www.mp3.com/arms or http://www.amp3.net/arms
personal page ----> http://www.ulster.net/~abigoo