Re: [linux-audio-dev] News about sequencers (not my own though!)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] News about sequencers (not my own though!)
From: David Olofson (audiality_AT_swipnet.se)
Date: ke tammi  26 2000 - 20:09:20 EST

On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, jfm3 wrote:
> P.S. after thinking carefully about libc and the STL for a while, I doubt that
> "latency under your own control" is more easily won in C/C++ than in Guile or
> Python.

Normal MuCoS plugins will not be allowed to use *any* standard library
calls. The language is C and the API is the MuCoS plugin API. Period.

This applies to all hard real time programming, even in many true hard
real time operating systems - there are operations that just cannot
be done in a bounded time without crippling the entire system.

//David

| A Free/Open Multimedia | | Rock Solid, Hard Real Time, |
| Plugin & Integration Standard | | Low Latency Signal Processing |
`------> www.linuxdj.com/mucos -' `--> www.angelfire.com/or/audiality -'
| Audio Hacker, Linux Advocate, Open Source Advocate, Singer/Composer |