Re: [linux-audio-dev] Papers on audio effects

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Papers on audio effects
From: David Slomin (david.slomin_AT_av.com)
Date: la helmi  19 2000 - 16:43:40 EST

"Mr. White" wrote:

> I would like to find papers on audio filtering and effects,
> can someone point me to useful stuff? :-)
>
> Btw, could someone point me somewhere else to read about
> Z-plane filters?

Forgive me for posting this again (I mentioned it in response to
another question some months back), but I think it would be apropos
here:

My old prof. Ken Steiglitz has a good book out on music-oriented
DSP fundamentals. Much of the book is spent thinking in phasors
and other Z-plane constructs. It is definitely a theoretical-type
book (a little confidence with calculus helps) rather than a
programmers' guide, but it is relatively approachable.

The title is "A DSP Primer". While not all that mainstream (what
DSP book is?!), you can get it from any of the major online book
venders.

Div.