Re: [Fwd: [Fwd: [linux-audio-dev] Fwd Windows vs Linux, VST vs Mucos etc]]

Subject: Re: [Fwd: [Fwd: [linux-audio-dev] Fwd Windows vs Linux, VST vs Mucos etc]]
From: Maurizio DE CECCO (maurizio_AT_mandrakesoft.com)
Date: ke maalis 01 2000 - 06:17:24 EST

Michel Jullian <exbang_AT_wanadoo.fr> writes:

> Forwarding Charlie Steinberg's opinion concerning an open-source
> non-proprietary vst2 ;-)

> to be honest we currently don't see how this could work, sorry.
> charlie

May be we should explain him that the first industrial plug in standard
that will be ported to Linux and made open source will get the whole market.

They can be the first, if they want.

VST is no more the only plug in standard in the Windows market ...

(and this just without talking about community efforts ...)

Maurizio