Re: [linux-audio-dev] Simple Plugin API: In/Out Ports

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Simple Plugin API: In/Out Ports
From: Kai Vehmanen (kaiv_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: ti maalis 07 2000 - 06:42:30 EST

On Mon, 6 Mar 2000, Juhana Sadeharju wrote:

> I cannot see what makes this system more complex. Plug-in author
> writes his plug-in using whatever formats, and fills a table telling
> flow network patcher what kind of formats it uses. Simple.

Ok, this should be easy enough for the plugin developer. But we
still have to worry about the host side. If host side gets too complex,
it'll be difficult to persuade audio app authors to add LADSPA
plugin hosting to their apps. So in practice, we need a libladspa
package, which contains various helper functions (type conversions,
etc).

--
Kai Vehmanen <kaiv_AT_wakkanet.fi> -------- CS, University of Turku, Finland
 . http://www.wakkanet.fi/ecasound/ - linux multitrack audio processing