Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA::runAdding()

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA::runAdding()
From: James McCartney (asynth_AT_io.com)
Date: Fri Mar 31 2000 - 23:35:37 EEST

on 3/31/00 1:43 PM, Paul Barton-Davis at pbd_AT_Op.Net wrote:

> Au contraire. I don't believe there *are* any cases that justify
> "preroll" or "postroll". You can bring up each one, and I'll try to
> find an alternative way to do it. The whole idea makes no sense to
> me. What happens if I turn on a plugin in the middle of an existing
> audio flow ?

I agree. SuperCollider considers itself in a real time flow from the moment
it starts. Everything is added or removed from a running time stream. There
is no time before the beginning of time.

--- james mccartney james_AT_audiosynth.com <http://www.audiosynth.com>
SuperCollider - a real time synthesis programming language for the PowerMac.
<ftp://www.audiosynth.com/pub/updates/SC2.2.7.sea.hqx>