Re: [linux-audio-dev] Linux Audio plugin API's: where are we ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Linux Audio plugin API's: where are we ?
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Sat Apr 01 2000 - 19:55:55 EEST

>But I am trying to investigate a solution which is still
>C compatible, and not only C++.
>Because C-only programs would have a hard job to
>run VST C++ plugins.

Its actually fairly easy with VST because there is a C "wrapper"
around the C++ plugins. A C-only host can call the C++ plugins easily.

Presumably, Steinberg thought about this. For example, to execute the
plugin, you can call:

        processClass (plugin, inputs, outputs, nframes)

and it works just fine.

--p