Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Version 1 Released

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Version 1 Released
From: Kai Vehmanen (kaiv_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: Sun Apr 02 2000 - 22:16:32 EEST

On Sun, 2 Apr 2000, Kai Vehmanen wrote:

> Hmm, just to make sure - how VST APIs are licenced? Am I totally free to
> write VST{1,2} hosts and plugin implementations?

Just downloaded the SDK. This worries me a bit:

--cut from VST SDK licence--
... When you chose to receive the VST Plug-in SDK you declared yourself
to be in agreement with the Licensing conditions.
[...]
You cannot:
* transfer your License to anyone
* license the information contained in this SDK to anyone else.
* sell the information contained in this SDK to anyone.
* re-work or otherwise pass this technology off as your own.
* give it away or in any other way distribute it, or cause it to be become
distributed.
--cut--

So if I add VST hosting to my apps, people will have to get the VST SDK
from Steinberg for to compile them. Have I understood this correctly?

--
Kai Vehmanen <k_AT_eca.cx> ---------------- CS, University of Turku .
 . audio software for linux ...	http://www.eca.cx 		 .