Re: [linux-audio-dev] design question for HDR

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] design question for HDR
From: James McCartney (asynth_AT_io.com)
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 16:45:42 EEST

on 4/2/00 6:35 PM, Paul Barton-Davis at pbd_AT_Op.Net wrote:

> It increasingly appears to me that Linux, even with Ultra-2 SCSI
> disks, cannot keep up the required data flow for 24 channel recording
> when the channels go to *individual files* instead of being
> interleaved.

How about interleaved segments rather than interleaved samples? This keeps
things contiguous on disk in one file, but doesn't make it a practical
impossibility to slip tracks.

--- james mccartney james_AT_audiosynth.com <http://www.audiosynth.com>
SuperCollider - a real time synthesis programming language for the PowerMac.
<ftp://www.audiosynth.com/pub/updates/SC2.2.7.sea.hqx>