[linux-audio-dev] mixer question

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] mixer question
From: Erik Steffl (esteffl_AT_pbi.net)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 03:46:23 EEST

  I have a following question about the mixer:

  in the other OS I can set up separate volumes for recording and
playback, so I can record from line, do some real time processing and
hear it on the output (only the result of the processing, NOT the signal
that goes into line-in).

  however, the linux mixer (at least OSS) does only have one volume
settings and no matter what I did I was not able to get the recorded
signal recorded but not heard on the output...

  any ideas why is it that way? is alsa different?

  tia

        erik