Re: [linux-audio-dev] plug-in mania and the sound editor du jour

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] plug-in mania and the sound editor du jour
From: Bill Schottstaedt (bil_AT_ccrma.Stanford.EDU)
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 16:48:34 EEST

> How far along would Snd's Gtk interface be...?

Can I ramble too? I'm as guilty of this as anyone --
I started CLM back in 1989 because my attempt to use
csound gave me a very frightening migraine headache --
I thought I was going to die. So, sometimes the reason
to "do it your own way" is not intellectual -- you
may clearly see the resultant isolation and duplicated effort,
and not really care -- Socrates (since you mention him)
would have explained it by a reference to his personal
daemon.

On the other hand, I've received tone of help from dozens
of people over the years -- if I had thought of it in time,
I would have kept the list of helpers as part of the
distribution (like the current THANKS files in Gnu --
these are a great idea). The hardest part is to always
take criticism as a gift.