Re: [linux-audio-dev] plug-in mania ... audio distro

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] plug-in mania ... audio distro
From: John Littler (jlittler_AT_nirvanet.net)
Date: Sat Apr 08 2000 - 02:46:41 EEST

quoting Juhana Sadeharju:
[X]
> Seriously, it would help if we would have that Linux audio distribution
> for plenty of Linux audio software. One could just install and get
> interested.

I'm working on such a thing at the moment. The general idea for
0.1 is that it have a reasonably complete tool set (rather than
a complete collection of audio apps) and be reasonably easy to
install, and with extra documentation. At first it would be only be
available for free on ftp and then later on CD at some reasonable
cost. At that point it might be nice to include a much fuller
selection of programs.

I've applied for a sourceforge account for script and doc
development but I don't imagine they'll be interested in handling
the ftp part of the excercise ... so fast ftp is not arranged yet.

It will be RPM based and right now I'm building RPMs of various
apps that don't already have them.

> The distribution should be such that with a single button press everything
> necessary gets upgraded.

That would be a nice option, but in conjunction with the ability
to pick and choose.

Cheers
John

--