Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ardour] new CVS version

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ardour] new CVS version
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Fri Apr 14 2000 - 23:23:50 EEST

>quick question:
>
>are you able to record with 24 channels in record mode ?
>(that would be 24 + 24 =48 channels active due to crossfade facilities)

Yes. Ardour has no option to turn off x-fade, so going into record
mode always implies "double duty" on that track.

In fact, on the disks in the studio system (18GB IBM UltraStars), the
disk throughputs suggests that simultaneous 36 track recording on one
disk would be feasible. I wouldn't want to risk it in any situation
that actually mattered though - there are occasional dips in the
throughput that would be a problem if they happened twice in
succession (same principle as the 3-fragment principle for the audio
h/w).

--p