Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ardour] new CVS version

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ardour] new CVS version
From: Benno Senoner (sbenno_AT_gardena.net)
Date: Fri Apr 14 2000 - 21:26:46 EEST

On Fri, 14 Apr 2000, Paul Barton-Davis wrote:
> I just checked in another set of changes for ardour. Some of the
> changes are cosmetic, some are design aspects. With these in place, I
> have recorded several minutes worth of 24 channels without
> problems. This design features:
>
> * separate playback and capture buffers (twice the memory,
> but what can we do ?)
> * an extra copy from the playback buffer into the
> capture buffer in order to set up "preexisting"
> material for cross-fades at punch-in and punch-out
>
> Processor load on my machine (dual PII-450) stays very comfortable
> during a 24 channel recording session. It occasionally spikes, but is
> generally on the order of 17-40%. This is with a single disk that
> gives me about 13MB/sec sustained throughput for read access.

quick question:

are you able to record with 24 channels in record mode ?
(that would be 24 + 24 =48 channels active due to crossfade facilities)

if yes then congrats.

my hdrbench code is almost ready for release, (this weekend, FOR SURE :-) )

I have interesting results WITHOUT preallocation. :-)

Benno.