Re: [Fwd: [linux-audio-dev] info point on linux hdr]

Subject: Re: [Fwd: [linux-audio-dev] info point on linux hdr]
From: Steve Lord (lord_AT_sgi.com)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 01:58:48 EEST

O_DIRECT on Linux XFS is still a work in progress, we only have
direct reads so far. A very basic implementation was made available
this weekend.

We also have a preallocation interface available via an ioctl call, it should be
fast as XFS is an extent based filesystem, but before direct write is
implemented it is not too useful for this application - all writes will
go through the buffer cache and be flushed to disk in a manner similar to
ext2 data.

For more details on what is available see http://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/

I should stress that XFS is still a work in progress on Linux, especially
the read/write path which is being rewritten from the Irix version.

Steve Lord