Re: [linux-audio-dev] patch MIDI apps together?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] patch MIDI apps together?
From: Paul Winkler (slinkp23_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 20:52:33 EEST

Paul Barton-Davis wrote:
> OSS: use the v_midi module, which allows point-to-point routing

Interesting, this doesn't seem to be part of OSS/Linux - no search
hits on their website, not listed in available devices in soundconf,
no grep hits in the directory where I downloaded it... apparently
this can *only* be done with OSS/Free, not the commercial version!
Weird. (or not weird... open source and all that...)

and no explanations in /usr/src/linux/Documentation/sound either!
There's a "midi loopback device" option in kernel configuration
program, but no help available...

OK, I'm gonna get this to work, but man, I hate it when there's no
documentation...
maybe I'll write some. :)

--
slinkP arts:   music, sound, illustration, design, etc.