[linux-audio-dev] Re: [alsa-devel] Re: ardour/hammerfall news

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [alsa-devel] Re: ardour/hammerfall news
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Sun Apr 23 2000 - 16:09:36 EEST

In message <3902E445.DE13D677_AT_folkwang.uni-essen.de>you write:
>congrats, paul !
>
>> The results in terms of performance are outstanding. If I turn off the
>> metering in ardour, I can record 24 tracks with the CPU load barely
>> touching 20%.
>
>does this refer to UP or to your dual-p3 box ?

my dual-p2 box. so yes, i'm "cheating" by most people's standards.

--p

ps. i have some interesting user-space deadlock issues to solve with
    ardour. designing multithreaded programs that can be controlled
    simultaneously by both X input devices and MIDI MMC is an
    interesting effort :)