Re: [linux-audio-dev] Random thought on HDR latency compensation

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Random thought on HDR latency compensation
From: Kai Vehmanen (kaiv_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: Wed Apr 26 2000 - 04:42:52 EEST

On Tue, 25 Apr 2000, Paul Winkler wrote:

>> hw-monitoring. In either case, recorded material will be in sync.
> ecasound but last time I tried it I was unable to record without
> really bad sync problems, regardless of buffer size. Sounds like
> you've got that licked. It was partly that problem that inspired my

Yep, some versions of ecasound (probably both 1.5.x and 1.6.x) perform
badly with certain sound card hw+driver combinations. I was able to record
fine myself, and nobody complained about it, so it didn't get fixed.

Sometimes I just wish that people would more actively send bug reports and
complain about things. I have a very long todo-list of features and fixes
for ecasound. Most of these items will only get implemented if a) I need
them myself, or b) someone asks for them. Of course, in some cases I do
stuff just for the fun of it (or completeness), but end users shouldn't
rely on this.

How about the rest of you - are you having similar problems with your
projects? I'd imagine that with most open-source projects, after reaching
a certain level of maturity, most development is done on-demand.

--
Kai Vehmanen <k_AT_eca.cx> ---------------- CS, University of Turku .
 . audio software for linux ...	http://www.eca.cx 		 .