Re: [linux-audio-dev] ceres2w

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ceres2w
From: Paul Winkler (slinkp23_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Apr 29 2000 - 12:21:42 EEST

Thanks to everybody who answered. I really should have waited till a
less frustrated moment before writing to the list...

I don't know why I didn't find it before, but rpm -qpa on the
lesstif package reveals that it *does* have libXm.so.1, just not
anywhere I ever would have thought of looking for it. :) Did
ln -s /usr/X11R6/LessTif/Motif1.2/lib/libXm.so.1
/usr/X11R6/lib/libXm.so.1
and ceres2w now starts.

Thanks again, and I'll try to stay calm next time... and I'll try to
avoid needing to install software 1 hour before I need to finish
some sound effects I promised to a friend who's directing a play! (I
needed a "satanic roaring noise" and thought Ceres would be perfect
for some enharmonic weirdness...)

And despite Dave's prognosis, in fact I now seem to be able to run
ceres2w without problems... just played with it for a minute and it
seems fine!

--
slinkP arts:   music, sound, illustration, design, etc.