Re: [linux-audio-dev] open firmware: experiences?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] open firmware: experiences?
From: Joe Miklojcik (jmik_AT_nbcs.rutgers.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 30 2000 - 22:07:16 EEST

Juhana Sadeharju wrote:

> >From: Joe Miklojcik <jmik_AT_nbcs.rutgers.edu>
> >
> >I am about to start talking to a company that makes ALTERNATE
> >MIDI controllers about opening their firmware, and I'm polling for
>
> Hello. What do you mean by firmware in this context?

Specifically, I mean the operating system for a device that is not a general
purpose computer. For example, the PostScript interpreter software within a
laser printer is not "software" but "firmware".

> Who they are? Webpage please?

I don't want to release this information ON PURPOSE just yet, I might get in
trouble.

> At the moment I'm writing a free controller design for individuals to
> homebuild their controller but also for companies who might want build
> what we need. But the design is not yet finished. If they want to look at
> it later, I surely may mail to you or to them when I'm ready.

I'd love to have a look.

I think I'm going to look into creating a mailing list for Alternative
Controller developers. What's better than egroups these days?

----
Joe Miklojcik