[linux-audio-dev] Re: latencies in NT

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Re: latencies in NT
From: Benno Senoner (sbenno_AT_gardena.net)
Date: Thu Aug 03 2000 - 12:28:58 EEST

On Thu, 03 Aug 2000, Roger Larsson wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Stumbled on this info:
> (looks almost as RTLinux in implementation)
>
> Note the accumulated maximum for standard NT kernel (45 ms)

But how many audio/multimedia apps will take advantage of this RT-NT
when this RT feature is not available out of the box plus you will
have to pay $$$ for the product.
(The price is not even listed , thus I assume it won't cost only
a few bucks)

Not to forget the same problem as in RTLinux:
you will need to rewrite all audio/video drivers for this RT-NT platform
in order to take full advantage of it.

Not to mention that your app will certainly not be simple user-space process
like in the linux lowlatency case.

Benno.