Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: latencies in NT

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: latencies in NT
From: Benno Senoner (sbenno_AT_gardena.net)
Date: Fri Aug 04 2000 - 01:12:47 EEST

On Thu, 03 Aug 2000, Juhana Sadeharju wrote:

> By the way, is it possible put the kernel scheduler in a module, so that
> low-latency scheduler could be swapped on the fly?

No, because the "kludge" is spread all over the place.
Ingo released a 2.4-test version , I will publish some tests tomorrow.
(Although Ingo still does not expect 2.2.x -like performance,
but he will work towards it)

 Then the low-latency
> patch could come with Alsa, installed as easily.

Just use RPMs (or DEBs) like the ones on my page,
it reduces the whole amount of work to a simple
rpm -i llkernel.rpm and adding an entry in the LILO
configuration (of course with rerunning lilo)

Benno.