Re: [linux-audio-dev] File interchange with ProTools?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] File interchange with ProTools?
From: Paul Kellett (paul.kellett_AT_maxim.abel.co.uk)
Date: Sat Aug 05 2000 - 14:25:59 EEST

Juhana Sadeharju <kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi> wrote:

> Check also "http://www.AAFassociation.org/" which is next generation
> of omfi. I have no idea can we use it freely. Can we use omfi freely?
>
> I also downloaded the API docs from "http://www.AAFassociation.org/

So we have to choose from at least 3 overlapping standards!

OMF/OMFI - in use, but can it be used freely?

AAF - seems to focus on media delivery, also some overlap with MPEG-4 !?

AES-31 (IIRC) - is open and available but not fully implemented yet?

Paul.

--
paul.kellett_AT_maxim.abel.co.uk
http://www.abel.co.uk/~maxim/