[linux-audio-dev] SBLive Platinum: front bay is dead... Other platinum users wanted !

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] SBLive Platinum: front bay is dead... Other platinum users wanted !
From: Jörn Nettingsmeier (nettings_AT_folkwang.uni-essen.de)
Date: Sun Aug 20 2000 - 00:44:42 EEST

hello jaroslav, hello everyone.

sigh. my shiny sblive front connector bay is dead as a dog in the
ditch.
no recording from aux-in, no midi, no toslink in. (rca spdif hasn't
been tested for lack of devices)

i can tell it's wired correctly, because at least the headphones out
produces sound when i play pcms.

kernel is 2.2.14suse w/ reiserfs, alsa is .5.9a.

i have skimmed the archives, but it seems nobody has been lucky with
this livedrive so far. the only thread i found (involving takashi)
petered out with no results.

has anyone ever got anything out of the livedrive2 ?

jaroslav, i see you are the maintainer of the emu10k1 stuff. what
information is missing ? i'll gladly write to creative with some
friendly advice on customer support :), if you can tell me what i
should ask for. i could also offer my box for remote access if it
helps.
can other live platinum users contact me so that we can petition
creative more effectively for additional specs ?

all the best,

jörn

please excuse this crossposting attack, but i'm really desperate...
all alsa-related answers please to alsa-user_AT_alsa-project.org, all
petition-related things to my private address. i will cc: all
signees.

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Kurfürstenstr. 49