Re: [linux-audio-dev] New release of my plugins

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] New release of my plugins
From: Benno Senoner (sbenno_AT_gardena.net)
Date: Fri Dec 01 2000 - 23:21:59 EET

On Fri, 01 Dec 2000, Steve Harris wrote:

> There are some genuine performace measurments, thanks to Pail, at
> http://inanna.ecs.soton.ac.uk/plugins/, comparing my PIII with a Xeon.
> Interesting stuff some faster, some slower.

Pretty disappointing the Xeon , considering the money you have to fork out
for this CPU ...
 :-)

Anyway Steve can you tell us more about your pitchshifter (the HQ version):

how does it sound on +-20% pitch transpositions ?
I mean: usable to let's say slow down/speed up a techno tune in order to match
its BPM with another one , or will you hear too much bg noise / clicks and
pops when doing +-20% transpositions ?
I know ... really good pitchshifters are both complex and mostly commercial
only. (thus expensive),
but it would really be handy to have a highquality and free pitchshifter
available.

cheers,
Benno.