Re: [linux-audio-dev] read it and drool

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] read it and drool
From: David Olofson (david_AT_gardena.net)
Date: Sun Dec 03 2000 - 19:49:20 EET

On Sunday 03 December 2000 16:45, Kai Vehmanen wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Dec 2000, Paul Barton-Davis wrote:
> > almost enough to make me want to run a commercial OS ...
> > http://www.harmony-central.com/Newp/2000/Reason-Released.html
>
> Hmm, urggh, am I the only one here that hates these
> lets-imitate-hardware UIs? Really, I couldn't picture myself
> working with Reason. So no drool here. ;)

I happen to like this kind of glossy "games style" GUI looks (being a
guy who was once aiming for the games industry :-), but I still have
to agree; in general, these GUIs sacrifice user friendliness for
beginner friendliness and looks.

//David

| A Free/Open Source | | Audio Hacker |
| for | | Open Source Advocate |
| Professional and Consumer | | Singer |
| Multimedia | | Songwriter |
`-----> http://www.linuxdj.com/mucos -' `---> david_AT_linuxdj.com -'