Re: [linux-audio-dev] read it and drool

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] read it and drool
From: Richard Dobson (rwd_AT_cableinet.co.uk)
Date: Tue Dec 05 2000 - 01:04:53 EET

That wouldn't work for arbitrary multi-orbit surround pans. With an
Alpha wheel, I can send my source around the listener any number of
times, forwards and back, in a single un-interrrupted motion, as if
drawing a picture. A vertical wheel would either require a huge
tabletop, or the need to release the mouse and re-position.

There is a primary difference between 'adjusting a parameter' and
'exploring a space'. The Alpha wheel enables the latter. The touch-pad
on a laptop would work (I guess) particularly well for this task. The
~real~ challenge is exploring a periphonic 3D space on a 2D GUI!

Richard Dobson

--
Test your DAW with my Soundcard Attrition Page!
http://www.bath.ac.uk/~masrwd (LU: 3rd July 2000)