Re[2]: [linux-audio-dev] Palm Top Linux Box :)

Subject: Re[2]: [linux-audio-dev] Palm Top Linux Box :)
From: Rick Burnett (destinytech_AT_spacey.net)
Date: Tue Dec 05 2000 - 09:23:47 EET

Yeah I would be suprised at the 'font' size. I was hoping for
something a little larger. Here is a video of an OEM linux machine
that you can get the developers kit for like $3k. It looks like a
variant of KDE running on it. Now it looks REAL nice, but since its
OEM only, does us no good: http://www.palmpalm.com/product/images/Tynux-256k.asf

Now, with the serial port. I was wondering if I could use slip or ppp
or something like that through the serial line? Wouldn't this allow
me? The other question is about their cradle. Maybe I don't have to
go to these extremes. Its possible that the cradle has some network
connectivity and I could build a cable to replace the cable but to
connect up the same way. I think their cradle port is like 1.5Mbit
transfer or something, faster then the serial anyways.

I will keep you posted as I am trying to get a development version.
The other upsetting thing is no internel speaker, just a beeper ;)
You have to hook up headphones. Not that I was hoping for some
quality sound out of it, hahaha. I noticed on their discussions they
have been discussing an MP3 player implemented with integers not
floats. Haven't gotten to deep into it.

Rick