Re: Re[2]: [linux-audio-dev] Palm Top Linux Box :)

Subject: Re: Re[2]: [linux-audio-dev] Palm Top Linux Box :)
From: Jay Ts (jay_AT_toltec.metran.cx)
Date: Tue Dec 05 2000 - 10:02:51 EET

> Now, with the serial port. I was wondering if I could use slip or ppp
> or something like that through the serial line?

I don't see why not.

> I will keep you posted as I am trying to get a development version.
> The other upsetting thing is no internel speaker, just a beeper ;)
> You have to hook up headphones. Not that I was hoping for some
> quality sound out of it, hahaha.

I was really disappointed to find out that the audio is not stereo,
16-bit, 44KHz. After all, any CD walkman can do that. If it had CD-
quality audio be possible to turn the thingy into a pretty decent
synth module, for sample playback. (Simple playback of waveforms,
as for percussion, with no filters or effects.)

As it is, *maybe* it would be good for a cheap TR-808 like drum
synth. Depends...

- Jay Ts