Re: [linux-audio-dev] Misc bugfixes

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Misc bugfixes
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Dec 07 2000 - 16:15:58 EET

On Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 11:11:44AM +0100, Frank Neumann wrote:

> Hi,
> Steve Harris wrote:
>
> > v0.1.5, nothing new, but *lots* of bugfixes.
>
> Just a quick question: I toyed around with the Multiband EQ for a while today,
> and found that it will immediately segfault on any .wav file that is not
> 44100 Hz. As other plugins don't seem to show this behaviour, it must be
> a bad assumption about the frequency of its input in mbeq.

Cheers, I had the top freqncy band set to 19.9KHz, oops. Only just worked
with 44.1, theres a fixed version in the snapshots directory, which
ignores bands obove nyquist. The high shelf still works as expected.

I've also just managed to more than halve the CPU consumption, hopefully
only effecting the quality very slightly. However it will probably sound
nasty with 96KHz+ samples. Comments on the quality of the current version
welcome.

> Apart from that, it's really fun to play with highpass stuff etc :-). Which
> leads me to a question: What is people's favourite program to display a
> time/frequency spectrum graph of a sample?

If you were using a version older than the last release then it was
horribly buggy, I'm suprised you managed to get it to do anything like
what you asked for! Thanks to Paul B-D, for persuading me to fix it, it's
actually quite usable now.

- Steve