Re: [linux-audio-dev] ladspa xml gui

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ladspa xml gui
From: Erik Steffl (esteffl_AT_pbi.net)
Date: Thu Dec 07 2000 - 23:09:09 EET

Paul Barton-Davis wrote:
> >If it could be generalised so that you could offer multiple interfaces to
> >the same plugin I would vote for it. My chorus for example is a right
> >bugger to tune if you don't know what you're doing, and offering one
> >iterface where all the tricky parameters are chosen by the plugin would
> >be good. I guess you would need to bind a hidden parameter to each
> >interface, and the nthe plugin could ignore the parameters that it knows
> >weren't set on that page.
>
> I don't like the complication of "multiple interfaces". If you want
> that, create two versions of the plugin with two different XML specs.

  and call them skins...

> >I was actually going to go for a large window and small knobs. I
> >think you loose lots of the benfit of plugins if you have to change
> >"pages" to edit the thing.
>
> But a "large" window may be very intrusive if you've got many other
> plugin GUIs not to mention the host already visible.

  I would love to have everything resizeable, I just hate apps like xmms
that is basically unviewable on my monitor (1280x1024, 15 inch), when I
double the size it looks ugly...

  it would be nice to have most of the default gui elements resizeable
(vectors instead of pixmaps) - buttons, knobs, scroll bars & sliders
etc...

        erik