Re: [linux-audio-dev] ladspa xml gui

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ladspa xml gui
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Fri Dec 08 2000 - 01:45:02 EET

> I would love to have everything resizeable, I just hate apps like xmms
>that is basically unviewable on my monitor (1280x1024, 15 inch), when I
>double the size it looks ugly...
>
> it would be nice to have most of the default gui elements resizeable
>(vectors instead of pixmaps) - buttons, knobs, scroll bars & sliders
>etc...

vectors aren't going to fly with me. you cannot do a decent knob with
vector graphics without significant computational overhead.

so you won't be able to resize if a host is using a backend that i
write. however, you will be able to use a different set of basic
pixmaps with the backend, so that if you are working on a small
monitor, things are more reasonably sized. this needs to apply to bit
depth too, though i'm not sure how much variation there is these days.

i plan to offer a set of pixmaps that work for me; others can cook up
small sets if they want. no recompilation would be needed to switch sets.

if you'd really like a vector-based backend, once the XML DTD settles,
i'd invite you to write one.

--p