RE: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Non-Sequential API (was non-causal)

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Non-Sequential API (was non-causal)
From: Richard W.E. Furse (richard_AT_muse.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sat Dec 09 2000 - 14:36:46 EET

Rats - just realised there's a design flaw in here. Adding a Default value
to the PortRangeHint structure changes its size. This would be fine but for
the fact that the port range hints are accessed using

        const LADSPA_PortRangeHint * PortRangeHints;

rather than

        const LADSPA_PortRangeHint ** PortRangeHints;

I only noticed the stupid error when coding up a new version of
analyseplugin.

So, for backwards compatibility I'd like to backtrack out of the addition
of the Default parameter for the moment. Perhaps at some stage in the
future we might come up with a non-compatible LADSPA2, in which case
Default is one of a number of natural additions.

Defaults could be added to the LADSPA_Descriptor structure instead, but
this isn't a natural place to put them and I prefer things didn't get more
complicated than they already are!

BTW, I noticed a couple of other mini bugs in the new extensions while
coding up a new version of analyseplugin. Nothing so serious as the above.

Sorry folks...

--Richard