Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA and plugin sample rate

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA and plugin sample rate
From: David Olofson (david_AT_gardena.net)
Date: Sun Dec 10 2000 - 01:36:48 EET

On Saturday 09 December 2000 21:05, Steve Harris wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 09, 2000 at 01:04:06PM -0500, Paul Barton-Davis wrote:
> > I would like to propose that we add the sample_rate member to the
> > plugin so that interested 3rd parties, such as code that wants to
> > build a GUI, can access this information.
>
> votes++ most of my plugins have sample_rate as instance data
> anyway.

++votes;

My motivation from an API design POV would be that the sample rate is
just another of these "parameters" - fixed after instantiation or not
- that should have some real interface of their own, rather than
being sneaked in here and there.

//David

| Multimedia Application Integration Architecture |
`----------------------> http://www.linuxaudiodev.com/maia -'