[linux-audio-dev] Auxiliary DSP?

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Auxiliary DSP?
From: Ellis Breen (miminon_AT_hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 11 2000 - 15:25:14 EET

Would it be possible to use a PCI DSP board such as the Bittware Hammerhead
PCI (4 SHARCS) to implement some of the features of ARTS etc? Might it be
possible to delegate ARTS functions dynamically between DSP board(s) and
CPU(s)? I did a search re this on the LAD archive but the engine just gave
me a cryptic page in Finnish, also I looked at Dave Philips' DSP resources
but Linux DSP board support seems to be in its infancy.

Is there an affordable non-proprietary DSP board option (considering nothing
has happened about Creamw_AT_re on Linux, and I'm not holding my breath for the
Korg OASYS to arrive in protected-mode land for a while)? Ideally it would
have 4 or more ADI or Motorola DSPs. SHARCs and 56301s can be emulated, no?

Otherwise, can you use more than 2-way Celeron SMP? I want bang for buck!

TIA

Ellis