Re: [linux-audio-dev] Auxiliary DSP?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Auxiliary DSP?
From: Richard Dobson (rwd_AT_cableinet.co.uk)
Date: Mon Dec 11 2000 - 22:53:33 EET

In the fullness of time, one possible solution will be in the form of
cards supporting MPEG-4 Structured Audio ("SAOL"), which is a
Csound-like language amounting to a standard API for synthesis and
processing algorithms. One team is developing just such a card using the
Phillips TriMedia chip.

Last I heard from Creamware, they have ~no~ plans to develop a Linux
driver ( :-(( as I have a card!). If they have any sense, they should be
looking closely at SAOL too.

There is also the four-SHARC card demonstrated at ICMC Berlin, running
as an accelerator card for Max/MSP processes.

Richard Dobson

--
Test your DAW with my Soundcard Attrition Page!
http://www.bath.ac.uk/~masrwd (LU: 3rd July 2000)