Re: [linux-audio-dev] More plugins

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] More plugins
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Dec 12 2000 - 13:27:52 EET

On Mon, Dec 11, 2000 at 06:08:09PM -0500, eli+@gs211.sp.cs.cmu.edu wrote:
> Steve Harris wrote:
> > The parametrics are really great, the filter code comes from Eli
> > Brandt.
>
> For the record, I lifted the equations directly out of something
> Robert Bristow-Johnson wrote. Probably
> http://www.harmony-central.com/Computer/Programming/Audio-EQ-Cookbook.txt

Sorry, yes, should have said that.

> (Uh, but check those if you use them -- there are versions floating
> around with sign errors. I tested the step response of my
> instantiation, and it looks good.)

Yeah, I noticed that. The first version I got definatly had some errors in
the peaking EQ coefficients. Took me a while to figure out it wasn't my
fault.

Yours look fine though, I haven't done any proper analysis, but I ran
whitenoise through it and FFT'd it.

- Steve