[linux-audio-dev] xfades, gain etc.: sigh

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] xfades, gain etc.: sigh
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Sun Dec 17 2000 - 16:26:41 EET

i awoke this morning realizing that at least some of my optimism about
my design for handling xfades was severely misplaced. in the scheme i
suggested, adding a crossfade of, say, 4ms, causes 2ms of slippage in
the audio data to the right of the xfade. not exactly the desired
effect.

i now understand why protools has this "region has to have preceding
or trailing audio data" requirement :)

so, back to the drawing board, though i think i can still use most of
the code i have. i may even have a good part of the solution somewhere
in my head, but i won't know until i can write some code. i apologize
to juhana for this lapse in character :)

--p