Re: [linux-audio-dev] AKAI sample CD-ROM disk format specification

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] AKAI sample CD-ROM disk format specification
From: Stefan Westerfeld (stefan_AT_space.twc.de)
Date: Tue Dec 19 2000 - 12:33:58 EET

   Hi!

On Mon, Dec 18, 2000 at 11:58:25PM -0700, Jay Ts wrote:
> I am writing to you as a result of the response I received from a member
> of your technical support department (Nick Kenney) that I've included
> below. He informed me that the format for AKAI sample CDs is
> considered proprietary information by AKAI, and that s published
> specification is not available.

FYI, there is code available in older aRts versions which reads AKAI sample
CDs, although I don't remember exactly what versions it can read, and what
versions it can't. I think S1000 CDs at least should work.

http://www.stud.uni-hamburg.de/~arts/download/arts-0.3.4.1.tar.gz

for instance should contain the code. It also has a keygroup generator which
you can use to make aRts assign the proper samples to the proper key, based
on the contents of the CD.

   Cu... Stefan

--
  -* Stefan Westerfeld, stefan_AT_space.twc.de (PGP!), Hamburg/Germany