[linux-audio-dev] A good hand held digital recorder

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] A good hand held digital recorder
From: Josh Green (jgreen_AT_users.sourceforge.net)
Date: Wed Dec 27 2000 - 12:20:51 EET

I'm looking for a good portable digital recorder for recording sounds
and then transferring them to computer via something like USB. Flash
memory would be nice, but suggestions of other recorders is okay. Needs
to support Linux or have open standards for writing of driver, if you're
not sure, please tell me anyways. Would like it to record raw audio data
at 48+ khz, the higher the better. Any suggestions?
The Digigram RCX220 looks like a cool device, but I can't find a price
anywhere for it, or even a place to buy it.
http://www.digigram.com/products/rcx220.html
Not sure if it supports Linux or if its feasible to write a driver.
Thanks for any help you can give, Lates.
Josh Green