Re: [linux-audio-dev] Gigasampler Clone

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Gigasampler Clone
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: Sat Jul 01 2000 - 01:33:30 EEST

>From: "Dave O'Toole" <dto_AT_qwsi.net>

[ do it in tracker ]
>> I've mentioned about this on many lists recently, but a bit
>> suprisingly I haven't seen much enthusiasm.
>
>I agree with this idea. (No surprise, I'm writing a tracker myself :-).
>I think they're very powerful tools.

But are trackers played from keyboard in realtime too? And controlled
in realtime? It is an old stuff when we know earlier what to play; no
patent problems.

I yet have to read the Moorer's patent (expires soon) on Lucasfilm system
if they had anything on this low-latency playing of unpredicted events.
There is something but perhaps not about this.

Juhana