Re: [linux-audio-dev] Soundserver_AT_XFree86.Org mailing list established... (fwd)

From: Jörn Nettingsmeier (nettings_AT_folkwang.uni-essen.de)
Date: Sat Jul 01 2000 - 02:28:27 EEST

[the announcement (see below) was forwarded to the linux-audio-dev
list by dave phillips]

hello everyone !

while i understand it has become necessary to get the audio topic
off the X server lists, it's not quite clear to me what the goals of
this new list are, and my fear is that we will get yet another
"standard" audioserver that no one will agree on.

the list archive is not yet available, and i'm not informed about
the status of discussion on the x server lists, so please enlighten
me about some things...

* what are your thoughts about adopting/joining esound or arts ?
* are there aspects of the LAD plugin-api discussion that might be
usable for the special needs of network audio ?
* have you considered to add LADSPA plugin support ?

plus i would encourage you to keep in touch with both the alsa-devel
and the lad list, to profit from either.

i think it would be great if your project could lead to a
unification of existing concepts. the connection with xfree86 may be
a great chance to agree on a standard that will become widely
accepted.

regards,

jörn

please cc: replies to linux-audio-dev_AT_ginette.musique.umontreal.ca
for info on the LAD mailing list see
   http://www.linuxdj.com/audio/lad/

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier